If you hold a prominent position in any institute then the responsibility of choosing custom laboratory furniture may fall upon you. However, the responsibility can never be taken lightly and you need to be really wise and watchful before making any move or purchase.
- Through this post, we have tried to bring into your notice a few considerations that you must keep in mind before you make the final decision of buying custom laboratory furniture. Also, these tips or considerations will help you learn little more about the purchasing process and will make the process more meaningful for you and your institute.
- To start with, make sure that you have the exact requirement of the laboratory furniture that you may need. Also, keep in mind the number of people who are supposed to work in the laboratory. The assessment will help you to ensure that you don’t underbuy or overbuy anything.
- The height of benches and chairs to be purchased along with other furniture must be bought keeping in mind the average height of persons who intend to use the same. Buying anything much larger or smaller will make them uncomfortable while working.
- The furniture that you intend to buy for your laboratory must be multi-functional so as to save space as well as to aid collective learning.
- Make sure to have enough benches with shelves and storage spaces, lack of storage space can make any laboratory a big mess. A laboratory must always be clean and the room must have enough space to escape in case of emergency. Untidy, and tight spaces can be the cause of major mishaps. Thus it is really important to keep the space in mind.
- Another important consideration to keep in mind before buying a piece of custom laboratory furniture is the material that has been used for making these tables and benches. In order to save money don’t settle for anything that may ask for a lot of care at later stages. The surface of the work stations must be fire and chemical retardant, because of the kind of experiments being carried out on these benches. You can either use fire retardant plywood or can also use stainless steel to avoid such mishaps.
- Using a material like stainless steel is recommended because of the properties it has. The metal like this is must for the laboratories that require constant sterilization. Such material doesn’t get damaged even after cleaning the same from rigid chemicals.
Whenever you will go to the market to purchase these laboratory items, you may see that there is no dearth of ready-made furniture but custom-made furniture is always recommended because of the fresh and aesthetic appeal that it may give to your laboratory.